Community Homeworks’ Weatherization Program grew out of the recognition that addressing energy inefficiency in a comprehensive way offers families long term savings, a healthier home environment, and the chance to improve their opportunity for a better life.
Whole-House Weatherization includes:
- Installation of high-efficiency mechanical systems, including furnace, water heater and HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator)
- Air Sealing
- Attic and Wall Insulation
- Electrical efficiency improvements such as LED light bulbs and ECM high efficiency motors
These improvements help families reduce their utility bills by as much as 50%, making a real improvement in affordability. But they also improve the overall health of the home.
All weatherization work is performed by our certified mechanical staff:
- Energy Star 3.0 HVAC certified contractors
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified Building Analysts
- Department of Energy certified lead safe weatherization specialists
- Department of Energy Indoor Air Quality certified
- HVAC Excellence Certified in Gas Heat, Electrical, and Refrigeration
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be a Consumers Energy customer
- Live in Kalamazoo County
- Own your home and be living in it
- Be able to contribute by paying a co-payment (based on your income)
- Have a household income at or below the following levels:
|Weatherization Progam - household number and income guidelines|
|1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People||7 People||8 People|
Click here for our Client Eligibility & Application Packet.