Revised & Re-posted 3/2/17
For more information and instructions on how to apply, download the full position description.
Community Homeworks has a new opportunity for a Habitat for Humanity Michigan AmeriCorps member to serve as a Education & Volunteer Coordinator in our homeowner repair and maintenance education program. This part-time one year position includes a living stipend and upon successful completion of the service year, the member will be eligible for an education award to pay off existing student loans or return to school.
The Education & Volunteer Coordinator role will support and sustain our homeowner education program, which is part of a comprehensive package of programs designed to help low-income families meet the challenges of affordably living in their homes. The goal of the program is to teach homeowners the importance of home maintenance and the skills to do so.
The member serving in this capacity will:
- Coordinate and host educational offerings for Community Homeworks families, housing agency partners, and the low income community.
- Recruit potential applicants for education program. Partner with other community organizations to expand outreach & recruitment efforts.
- Assist in case management process including processing applications, meeting one-on-one with homeowners to guide them through the process and assess their needs, and tracking completion of attendance requirements.
- Work with community partners to track and report on partner attendance.
- Support existing curricula, content, and materials; update as needed to meet the needs of attendees, partner agencies, and the community we serve.
- Assist in recruiting and retaining volunteers in support of the program, including workshop instructors.
- Maintain accurate records and program data.
- Work as part of the team that provides comprehensive programming for the families we serve.
To preview the AmeriCorps online application, click here.